Our Energy Outreach Project targets vulnerable energy consumers. Delivered by our Energy Champions and volunteers across North London, it aims to help people with their energy bills by encouraging them to take actions, including switching providers, changing tariffs, signing up for Warm Home Discounts and taking measures to make their homes more energy efficient, which could help them reduce their bills.
With the cost of living crisis impacting people’s pay packets, employment opportunities and household incomes, more and more people are falling into fuel poverty and need help with energy bills.
How We Help
As part of this year’s project, funded by Citizen’s Advice Bureau, we are offering a range of services for FREE:
- 1:1 telephone or online advice sessions for individuals- advice and support with energy saving measures and/or switching supplier and tariff.
- Join a FREE energy-saving group advice session. In these sessions we will cover; tariff options and what is best for different circumstances, how to switch tariff or supplier, other available sources of support e.g. Warm Home Discount, grants and discounts, Priority Services Register, and we will finish with Q&A.
- Frontline worker training: support for those working with others in the community.
- Arrange a one-to-one session by phone or Zoom with one of our fully trained Energy Saving Network Champions.
- Arrange a one-to-one or group session by phone or Zoom for someone you know or a group that would benefit.