BESN is a community outreach project targeting vulnerable energy consumers. It is delivered by our Energy Champions and volunteers across North London. It aims to help people with their energy bills by encouraging them to take actions, including: switching, signing up for WHD, signing up for the PSR and taking measures to make their homes more energy efficient.
With the impact of COVID-19 starting to pinch people’s pay packets, employment opportunities and household incomes, more and more people need help with energy bills this year.
As part of this year’s project, funded by Citizen’s Advice Bureau, we are offering a range of services for FREE:
- 1:1 telephone or online advice sessions for individuals- advice and support with energy saving measures and/or switching supplier and tariff.
- Online group sessions- advice and support with energy saving measures and/or switching supplier and tariff.
- Online group sessions- advising on a specific topic e.g. Warm Home Discount, grants and discounts, Priority Services Register.
- Frontline worker training- training and support for those working with others in the community.
- Arrange a one to one session by ‘phone or Zoom with one of our fully trained Energy Saving Network Champions. or,
- Arrange a one to one or group session by ‘phone or Zoom for someone you know or a group that would benefit.
- Join a FREE energy saving advice session! In these sessions we will cover; tariff options and what is best for different circumstances, how to switch tariff or supplier, other available sources of support, and we will finish with Q&A.
If you would like to take part in any of our sessions, we will be running periodic online group sessions up until March 2021 which you can register for free here: email@example.com or 020 8373 6340.