Enfield Somali Community Association provides bilingual free and impartial advice, assistance and advocacy. We deal with issues related to Welfare benefits, Health, Housing, Debt, Education, LPA, ETC. We do casework , including requesting reviews, appeals and representations. If we have no capacity to deal with any problem we will signpost and refer to other specialist agencies.
The many different types of benefits, criteria, points systems and payment rates can be overwhelming and difficult to navigate.
We offer practical advice and support to all aspects of benefits. The aim of our service is to:
- Provide you with information about the benefits system and application process
- Help you to understand which benefits you may be able to claim
- Provide you with practical support to apply for benefits you are entitled to
- Complete benefit application forms with you
We can help with the following benefits:
- Working and Child Tax Credits
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Benefit appeals and tribunals
- Carers Allowance
- Direct Payments & Care Assessments
- Benefit cap
- Freedom Pass
- Blue Badge
We may still be able to help you or find someone who can with many other issues.